This week in our Getting-to-Know-You-series, we would like to introduce you to our Director of Nursing, Charlote Monforte, RN.
- Tell us a bit about your background and where you received your degree? I was born and raised in the Philippines and have been an RN since 2009. I’ve always been in the LTC (long term care) settings. I’ve taken on most of the nursing home duties and responsibilities such as Supervisor, Wound Nurse,MDS,Case manager, Asst.DNS & DNS.
- How long have you worked at Adira? Started Feb 14,2017
- Were you always in healthcare? If not, why do you choose to work in healthcare now? I have worked as a Medical Biller in the City for some time great experience.
- How has your role changed over the years? My responsibilities are larger and far more challenging
- What do you like best about this facility compared to others you’ve worked with? Being a DNS in a smaller facility you have more and closer interaction to family and residents which creates a better bond. The family members knows and many call me by my first name.
- What three words would you use to describe Adira? Home, Diverse, Caring
- Tell us one Fun Fact about you. I’m a fearless leader but I love to sing & hang out when time allows.